8.25.2007

I Heart My Baby Doppler

I know, I know...it's been ten days since my last post. I'm probably losing loyal readers left and right. And I do apologize.

So far my second trimester has been a total bore. My OB says I should enjoy this part because I have no symptoms and a lot of energy. In my eyes, this is just the calm before the storm. It won't be long before I can't see my feet, shave my legs or hug my husband. It won't be long before I won't be able to wear one article of clothing from my pre-pregnancy days. (Sigh)

I have, however, found a way to bide my time during this uneventful pregnancy phase! Thanks to our ever-evolving world, I can get my hands on gadgets that weren't so readily available just 5 years ago.

Every night for the past four nights, I have been listening to the cub's heartbeat. Yep, I "rented" a baby doppler, a.k.a. fetal heart monitor. And, I'm pretty much in love with it.

The baby doppler has really brought our family closer together. The three of us really enjoy our daily game of tag. Jeremy and I laugh and the cub laughs, and all is right in the world...

No comments: