6.16.2008

And We Have 'Roll Over', Folks

This past Thursday, Preston rolled over from his back to his tummy – although we weren't sure if it was by accident or intentional. He's been sleeping on his side for the past couple weeks, but never made it 'all the way' due to his chubby arm serving as quite a speed bump.

But today he proved that this rolling over thing is no joke. In fact, as soon as you lie him down on the floor or in his crib on his back, the first thing he does is roll over onto his tummy.

But for some reason, he seems to have forgotten how to roll back over, from his tummy to his back. Which is kind of funny considering he's been doing it since he was 4 weeks old.

Now we just have to wait for him to put the two 'rolls' together, and he'll be tumbling all over the place! My days of leaving him unattended on the floor while I put a load of laundry in, take a quick shower, or run to the post office are nearly over. As soon as he figures out he's got mobility, I'm in for it!

4 comments:

Betsy Yates said...

Funny, I think this entire post could also apply to me right now. Christian was pleased when I rolled out of bed this morning all by myself.

candidly, Kate said...

Sister if you are having this much difficulty now, I'd say you'll be bedridden by 6 months. It's not pretty my friend.

Betsy Yates said...

It's mostly mental, but the results could be the same. At this point, I can still pass for merely dumpy with a beer belly.

MBKimmy said...

haha get ready sitting up and crawling are next then ... now Tatum is walking ... it is killing me, but I guess being preggo isn't helping ... haha
Have a great week!