2.10.2010

Meeting Maria

Nearly a year before Preston came into this world, I joined a group of ladies trying to conceive on Babycenter.com. Since then, eleven of us, from the East coast to the West, have been through it all – first and second pregnancies, losses, family woes, personal issues, job losses, and moves. You name it, we've probably experienced it...except for actually meeting in person.

Group history was recently made, however. While on a mini-vacay to SoCal, Preston and I were able to meet up with 'bellaqsmom', aka Maria, and her little one, Bella. We first met up at the Sea Life Aquarium in Carlsbad. From there, a short trip to the beach, then dinner.

On the way to meet up, I was a bit nervous. I wasn't worried she was a baby-snatcher or a murderer or anything like that. I just didn't know if we'd click in person, as well as we do online. Online we basically react to each others posts. In person, you actually have to be personable, chit-chat, etc. But it was easy and comfortable. Maria was great! Bella was awesome! And I'd hang out with them again, any day!


No comments: