9.24.2007

Registry Mayhem

Since about two weeks after I found out I was pregnant (okay, one week) I've been diligently working on our registries. I've printed off checklists from both Target and Babies R Us and have spent nearly 70 hours researching the products, checking out the reviews, and doing cost comparisons between the two stores. So, as Jeremy and I walked up to the doors of BRU, I felt pretty confident that I'd done an excellent job and we'd be out of there within the hour.

Our goal was to 'see in person' everything I'd registered for and to add items not available online. As we pushed through the doors, I told Jeremy that "everyone says this place is overwhelming...I'm sure they are exaggerating...I've already done mostly everything online."

WHO WAS I KIDDING?

The task alone of finding the items I'd already registered for was time-consuming in itself. Online there may have been 10 pacifiers from which to choose, in-store there were upwards of 300. There was an entire wall dedicated to pacifiers and nipples alone!

And, of course, the registry print out didn't have pictures so we had to search the tiny skew tags to see which ones we'd registered for. This pattern was basically the meat and bones of the remainder of our time in BRU.

We actually spent 3 HOURS and 45 MINUTES in-store. That's a total of 73 hours and 45 minutes dedicated to our registry.

The bitch of it all, is probably half of our gifts won't even be from our registry. And I'll be stuck wearing a mint-green Pooh diaper bag with sickening little jars of "hunny" all over it. (That's always bothered me, by the way, the misspelling of honey.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shoot-darn...guess I best be returnin' that Pooh bag. You can be so damn picky...lol